Recently read Jethro Carr’s post about 30-days of geek (http://www.jethrocarr.com/2010/10/17/30-days-of-geek/) and thought it sounded fun.
So… here we go… The next 30 posts will be about geek-y-ness 🙂
- Day 01 – Why do you consider yourself a geek?
- Day 02 – Preferred programming language?
- Day 03 – What does your day job involve?
- Day 04 – Greatest application written to date.
- Day 05 – Quick nifty hacks you’re proud of
- Day 06 – Primary geek fuel (snacks/drinks)
- Day 07 – Preferred smartphone platform. And which do you use?
- Day 08 – Preferred method of communication with humans
- Day 09 – What OS/distribution do you run?
- Day 10 – Picture, screenshot and specifications of your primary Computer.
- Day 11 – Favourite hacking environment – music, light, seating, etc
- Day 12 – What area do you want to expand your skills into?
- Day 13 – How did you become such a geek? Career? Personal interest?
- Day 14 – Favourite computer conference?
- Day 15 – Earliest geek experience
- Day 16 – First computer you’ve ever owned & your favourite ever.
- Day 17 – Post a useful HOWTO to solve a challenge you’ve come across recently.
- Day 18 – Most cringe-worthy geek moment
- Day 19 – Most hated computing environment.
- Day 20 – Where do you stand on Internet Censorship?
- Day 21 – Favourite thing & worst things about working in IT?
- Day 22 – Release some software under an open source license that you haven’t released before.
- Day 23 – Post a review of an application that you use.
- Day 24 – How do you feel about Open Source vs Proprietary software?
- Day 25 – Microsoft – friend, foe or other?
- Day 26 – Apple – friend, foe or other?
- Day 27 – Fix a bug in some open source software and commit the patch
- Day 28 – How many computers lying about the house?
- Day 29 – Looking back (at geek life), would you have done anything differently?
- Day 30 – Where do you see technology advancing in the next 20 years – and where will you fit in?
If you feel like joining me, please do! Post a comment to this article with your blog URL so others can find it easily and use the hashtag #30daysofgeek on social networks.